- Opening - Invited Speaker, Alex Flecker, US
"Fishes as key drivers of ecosystem processes: insights from tropical streams"
- Welcome reception
Theme 1 - Ecosystem functioning
- Invited Speaker: Ralf Thiel, DE
“Ecosystem functioning and fish assemblages in European estuaries: important patterns and open research questions”
Theme 2 - Threats to systems and/or species
- Invited Speaker: Emili García-Berthou, ES
“Invasion biology and freshwater fish: research needs and opportunities”
Theme 3 - Conservation
- Invited Speaker: Maria João Collares Pereira, PT
"Freshwater fish conservation – a still unresolved challenge"
Theme 4 - Genetics
- Invited Speaker: A. Vollestad, NO
“Beyond population genetics: new technologies offer new opportunities”
Theme 5 - Diadromous fish
- Invited Speaker: Eric Rochard, FR
“Which fate for diadromous fish in the European Streams of the future? Adaptability of species and adaptation of our practices”
Theme 6 - Aquatic habitat restoration and mitigation measures
- Invited Speaker: Ian G. Cowx, UK
"Aquatic habitat restoration: a panacea or hindrance to fish conservation."
VI Minho River basin Iberian Symposium